Algeria – Arab summit concludes its 31st session
Location: Algiers, Algeria
Source: Algerian TV
Restrictions: A24 subscribers
The 31st session of Arab Summit that lasted for two days, hosted by Algeria, concluded on Wednesday with the “Algeria Declaration” agreement that stipulates the following:
– Adherence to Arab Peace Initiative, support for Palestine to obtain full membership in the United Nations.
– Support for the legitimate government of Yemen, efforts to find a political solution to Yemeni crisis in accordance with approved references, and emphasizing the need to renew the truce.
– Complete solidarity with Libyan people, support for efforts to end Libyan crisis.
– Arab countries have to play a collective leadership role, contribute to efforts to reach a political solution to Syrian crisis.
– Emphasize the need to unify efforts to fight terrorism and extremism in all its forms and eliminate its sources of funding.
– Improve Arab capacities to combat food, health and energy insecurity as well as climate change.
– Emphasize the need to establish a zone in the Middle East that is free of nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction
– Adherence to the principles of non-alignment and the collective Arab position on the war in Ukraine.